12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Examiners expect compliance with the annual training requirements of the mortgage loan originator rules. Can you prove that training has been provided and that it was effective? This three-part mortgage lending training series will outline the required steps at each point of the mortgage lifecycle. Part 1 will focus on Reg B loan requirements at the time of application, requesting monitoring information, and providing appraisal/valuation notices. Fair lending and initial disclosure timing requirements will be addressed, as well as the areas highlighted below. Attend this in-depth series to learn how to avoid costly mistakes and satisfy examiners.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to take and process applications, including proper collection of monitoring information
- What is a “completed” application?
- Model application forms – determining which form to use for various loan types
- Overview and common problems with the new demographic information form, effective January 1, 2018
- Procedures for applicants to “self-identify disaggregated” ethnicity and race data
- Difference between an inquiry, prequalification, and application – what regulations are triggered for each?
- Appraisal and other valuation requirements, providing appraisal copies, timing requirements, and waiver exceptions
- Fair lending – what you can and can’t ask
- TRID basics, common errors, and compliance tips
- HMDA monitoring information at the time of application and overview of 2018 HMDA coverage changes
- Initial flood determination, notice requirements, four “trip wire” events, and exemptions for detached structures on residential property
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Matrix of 28 types of consumer and commercial real-estate-secured loans showing requirements and disclosures timetable
- Checklist for consumer-purpose, closed-end loans secured by real property
- HMDA flowchart under the 2018 rules
- Suggested training topics for consumer and mortgage lenders and lending staff
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS PARTS 2 & 3!
|"Mortgage Lender Training Part 2: Mortgage Life-of-Loan:
Processing, Underwriting & Notices"
Thursday, October 11, 2018
"Mortgage Lender Training Part 3: Mortgage Life-of-Loan:
Decision-Making, Appraisals, Post-Closing Requirements"
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders, compliance officers, auditors, loan officers, loan assistants, and loan administration staff. Both new and seasoned staff will benefit.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.