12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Your borrower failed to get the required insurance or let the policy lapse. What needs done (and when) to protect your institution? What do the regulations say about the different kinds of insurance – homeowner, flood, auto, etc.? In the past, there were no real rules and for some insurance situations that is still true. But now many insurance scenarios have very specific regulatory and timing requirements. This webinar will detail those rules and timing requirements to ensure your institution won’t be criticized, accused of a UDAAP violation, or face an individual or a class action lawsuit from borrowers when your examiners arrive.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Appropriate approach to flood, homeowner, and general collateral insurance policies (automobiles, etc.)
- Which insurance situations are covered by federal regulations?
- What regulatory requirements must be followed for compliance?
- Management options for force-placed insurance
- Consumer notification process for force-placed flood insurance and hazard insurance
- Insurance placement issues: pros, cons, and timing
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample letters for all insurance situations
- Required notices set forth in the regulations
- Manual detailing the requirements to guide you through the force-placed insurance process
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all those involved with the force-placed insurance process at any level – management and staff alike. Auditors and compliance personnel will find this webinar valuable.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.