8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Commercial appraisals are lengthier, more challenging, and exponentially more complex than residential reports. In residential appraising, the sales comparison approach is the main event. But in commercial appraising, any of three approaches can be relied upon in the final reconciliation process. According to regulators, complex commercial appraisal methodologies may increase a bank’s credit risk. To mitigate that risk, this webinar will cover foundational information about the sales comparison approach and the income approach, including practical tips for reviewing each approach in commercial appraisal reports.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Situations where each approach to value is applicable to a commercial appraisal
- Appraisal concepts and methodologies
- Examples demonstrating methodologies
- Overview of commercial appraisal review techniques
- How to identify when appraisal review competency has been exceeded (a regulatory requirement), triggering outside review assistance
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Supplemental manual with an overview of the two approaches, tips for reviewing each, and a case study examining both
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"New Focus on In-House Real Estate Evaluations"
Friday, November 30, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff responsible for the bank’s review function, particularly those who review commercial appraisals. It will also benefit appraisal department managers and credit department administrators.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.