This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Learn the ins and outs of ACH payment reclamations and garnishments in this fact-filled webinar. You’ll learn about your institution’s reclamation liability risk and be able to make appropriate action plans once you know how to properly assess garnishment scenarios.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Compare your institution’s reclamation liability risk against the ACH Rules and 31 CFR Part 210
- Discuss the financial impact of signing a Master Agreement
- Explain the responsibilities associated with learning of an accountholder’s death
- Evaluate the type of payment received and appropriately apply the ACH Rules or 31 CFR Part 210, given a specific scenario
- Assess a garnishment scenario to determine the appropriate action under the Guidelines for Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments
What are your responsibilities when you learn of an accountholder’s death? Should you act on a word-of-mouth notification that an accountholder is deceased? Are you required to return post-death payments, or can you wait for a reclamation? With this webinar, you’ll find answers to these questions and compare and contrast your financial institution’s liability under the ACH Rules and 31 CFR Part 210 related to post-death benefit payments. You’ll be able to understand (and limit) your liability according to what type of payment is received. Join us to learn the impact of signing a Master Agreement and which payments are exempt from garnishment.
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP credits.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is ideal for ACH operations staff, compliance staff, auditors, and those with AAP and APRP accreditation.
- Resource guide
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"New ACH Meaningful Modernization Rules Effective September 17, 2021"
August 9, 2021
"ACH Rules Update 2021"
March 9, 2021
"The Top 10 ACH Exception Handling Questions"
February 24, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.