This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Recent successful cyberattacks on international wire transfers have raised the bar on examiners’ expectations for security systems and risk monitoring of international and domestic wire transfers. Are you prepared?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Detail requirements of both domestic and international wires, including internal controls, system security, identification and authentication requirements, and OFAC screening rules
- Understand proposed changes to BSA requirements for wires and recordkeeping
- Identify how Reg S, Reg E, Reg J Subpart B, and UCC-4A impact the wire process
- Offer insight on common types of wire fraud and scams
- Explain rules, notices, and error resolution procedures for international funds transfers
- Discuss risk management practices and controls over IT and wholesale payment systems networks, including authentication, authorization, fraud detection, and response management systems and processes
Funds transfer fraud causes millions of dollars in losses for businesses. Last year, financial institutions filed over 248,000 SARs on incidents of wire fraud and/or suspicious funds transfers. As cyber attackers grow more sophisticated, their schemes and attempts have escalated further during the pandemic.
Examiner scrutiny has increased in response. Wire transfers are unique transactions. This session will cover the regulatory requirements for both domestic and international wires, provide sample audit procedures, and address how to identify and react to possible wire fraud attempts. It will also identify system and process vulnerabilities that can expose financial institutions to cyberattacks and increased liability. Join us for an examination of ways to strengthen policies, monitoring, procedures, and risk assessments. Tools to support and enhance your wire compliance program will be provided.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This jam-packed session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, internal auditors, and staff who handle wire transfers.
- Sample wire transfer policy
- Sample wire logs
- Wire transfer audit procedures
- Sample wire transfer request form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.