12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Want to hear a story? This in-depth webinar will use sample CTR scenarios and explain how to report each – line-by-line. You’ll learn the new CTR requirements and how to handle a variety of situations.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Comply with the new requirements by properly completing CTRs for sole proprietorships and legal entities
- Explain the importance of providing all the information you have on file
- Distinguish when to select “Shared Branching,” “Multiple Transactions,” or “Aggregate Transactions”
- Avoid common CTR reporting errors
- Review your CTRs for accuracy using checklist provided
There are big changes in CTR filing requirements. FinCEN ruling FIN-2020-R001 rescinds two obsolete prior rulings and clarifies the requirements for transactions involving sole proprietorships and legal entities. The intent is to “enhance regulatory efficiency and provide complete and accurate CTR data to law enforcement.” Although this ruling became effective April 6, 2020, e-filing batch filers have until September 1, 2020, to comply.
This in-depth session will go through the CTR line-by-line using a variety of scenarios, including the new requirements for sole proprietors, partnerships, and LLCs. It will also address tricky transactions for joint accounts, fiduciaries, and IOLTAs. Don’t miss this opportunity to delve into different scenarios and learn how to complete each CTR data field using the new requirements.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for frontline staff, new account representatives, branch managers, BSA officers and staff, compliance officers, and anyone responsible for completing or reviewing CTRs.
- Sample CTR procedures incorporating the new CTR filing requirements
- Examples of CTR scenarios to use for review and training
- Audit checklist for reviewing correct CTR completion
- Cheat sheet to help avoid CTR errors
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Advanced CTR Training: Beyond the 'Textbook'"
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.