12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Regulation E is one of the most important regulations governing deposit operations. It establishes the rights, liabilities, and responsibilities of all participants in the electronic fund transfer systems. Everyone knows that Reg E applies to ATM and debit card transactions, but Reg E is so much more. It covers all types of electronic fund transfers such as ACH direct deposit, electronic bill pay, online banking, and mobile banking. Reg E also contains the disclosures required for prepaid and gift cards and restricts the related fees and expiration dates. In addition, it governs remittances from U.S. consumers to individuals and businesses in foreign countries. This webinar will be a comprehensive review of the numerous Reg E requirements important to your deposit operations.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Types of transactions covered by Reg E
- Reg E model disclosures
- Required opt-in provisions before overdraft fees can be charged
- Review of the CFPB’s detailed compliance checklists for issuance of access devices, periodic statements, overdraft service opt-in, prepaid cards, and error resolution
- Your institution’s liability for violating Reg E
- Reg E record retention requirements
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act examination procedures published by the CFPB, including a 32-page examination checklist
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all deposit staff, tellers, service representatives, new accounts personnel, account officers, managers, auditors, attorneys, and compliance personnel.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.