This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
TRID troubles? Are you ready for your next exam – or do you have questions? Examiners require full compliance with TRID’s complex regulatory and documentation requirements. Do you know the likely areas of scrutiny? This insightful session will outline common issues and best practices when preparing for and responding to exams or audits.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the timing requirements for Loan Estimates, written lists of providers, revised Loan Estimates, and Closing Disclosures
- Understand tolerance levels, cure options, and when they can be “reset”
- Verify documentation options for intent to proceed, changed circumstances, and a borrower’s receipt of required disclosures
- Answer common questions to assist in documenting compliance efforts
- Identify regulatory sections and resources for additional research and confirmation
Examiners and auditors require full compliance with the detailed, technical TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) requirements, including the 2018 TRID amendments. Given the complex requirements, mortgage lenders need to perform internal reviews and analyze mortgage practices to ensure their disclosures and procedures are compliant – and ensure they are appropriately positioned to push back on overstated or incorrect findings.
While a full review and analysis of the TRID requirements is not possible, this webinar will provide answers to common questions and likely areas of examiner or auditor scrutiny. Timing requirements, written lists of providers, and tolerance levels will be specifically analyzed. Documentation and record retention requirements will also be discussed.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders, compliance staff, and audit teams with the goal of ensuring everyone is on the same page when preparing for or responding to a TRID exam or audit.
- Definition of “application” and the two definitions of “business day”
- Summary of the 2018 TRID amendments
- Resource with answers (and regulatory citations) to frequently asked questions
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Understanding TRID Tolerance Cures"
Thursday, September 30, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.