12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The expanded data points for 2018 have taken the HMDA challenges of confirming data integrity and detecting fair lending red flags to a new level. There are two potential sets of HMDA rules for 2018. The CFPB changed the rules retroactively on August 31, 2018, for institutions that originated fewer than 500 closed-end or 500 open-end loans in each of the preceding two calendar years. Banks must also have at least a satisfactory CRA rating. Attend this webinar to learn which rules will govern your institution and their effect on your HMDA audit process.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Are you a “large” reporter or eligible for the HMDA exemptions?
- Requirement changes
- Defining the audit scope
- How to find and verify data
- Challenges with auditing demographic information
- Using data to detect fair lending red flags
- If exempted from some data reporting, which fields should still be collected as a fair lending best practice?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Template for audit workpapers
- HMDA audit checklist and list of data fields for each data point
- Fair lending steps for denied consumer and commercial applications
- CFPB resources
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"HMDA Reporting: Lessons Learned, Common Mistakes & FAQs"
Friday, September 21, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for auditors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, loan operations staff, loan officers, and loan assistants.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.