Mastering Escrow Compliance: Analysis, Rules, Forms & Accounting
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Getting escrow compliance right is very important to the borrower, your financial institution, and the examiners. Compliance involves many requirements, including initial analysis and disclosure, annual disclosures, recordkeeping, and more. In addition, RESPA, TILA, and flood regulations all address escrow. This webinar will review the entire escrow process and reveal common errors and examiner citations, which highlight the hot issues. Checklists will be provided to ensure disclosures and statements are complete, compliant, and correct.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- When does escrow apply under RESPA, TILA (for high-priced mortgages), and flood regulations?
- Initial analysis for proper escrow amounts
- How is escrow disclosed on the TRID?
- What needs to be included in the initial disclosure and both annual and short-year statements?
- What should be done if there is a shortage, surplus, or deficiency?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- The manual will be provided in procedural language to provide a template for your own escrow procedures
- Audit procedures for escrow requirements
- Sample checklists to test disclosure content
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, lending personnel, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.