12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Lenders must properly obtain and perfect their security interest in collateral to protect their lien priority. A mistake during this process can result in losses. This webinar will explain the specific documents required to obtain a security interest in all different types of unconventional collateral (e.g., equity interests, mutual funds, intangibles, trademarks and patents, governmental receivables, chattel paper, logos and copyrights, electronic assets, airplanes, etc.). You will also learn when filing a UCC-1, taking possession, or obtaining a third-party control agreement is required for perfection of a security interest in unconventional collateral.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to create a security interest in unconventional collateral
- When specific wording is required in the collateral description
- Different types of collateral – when is possession, filing, or third-party control required for perfection
- Rules for different types of collateral
- When other creditors can take priority over your perfected security interest
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of every type of collateral and the required method of perfecting a security interest
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Securing Loans with Cash: Using Deposit & Brokerage Accounts to Reduce Loss Risk"
Thursday, August 2, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all lending personnel, including loan officers, loan processors, loan operations staff, credit administration personnel, managers, collectors, compliance officers, and attorneys
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.