Management wants to charge a new fee on a loan. You have never heard of it. Is it a finance charge or not? Then an out-of-state title company presents another unfamiliar fee. What do you do next? Although Regulation Z doesn’t provide a specific list of items that are or aren’t finance charges, it provides a road map. This program will explain what we call the “Regulation Z Finance Charge Decision Tree” to ensure you make the right decision every time. This webinar will cover the regulation in detail; explain the decision tree for fees not set forth in the regulation; and address how the wrong decision could impact your institution.
Recorded May 10, 2018
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What Regulation Z says about finance charges – what’s in and what’s out
- An approach to making the right decision every time
- The results when you make the right – or wrong – decision, and the impact on your institution
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Charts and graphics regarding which fees are finance charges and which fees are not
- Decision tree for both mortgage and non-mortgage loans
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff who work with consumer loans (especially mortgages), including management, lenders, processors, auditors, and compliance staff.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.