The role of the bank director has changed significantly. Today’s director requires strong banking and regulatory knowledge and faces increased liability. This session is designed to provide new directors with a solid foundation of key requirements. It will address, in lay terms, a director’s high-risk fiduciary responsibilities – from the perspectives of safety, soundness, and regulatory compliance. This webinar will also provide a valuable update for the experienced director.
Recorded Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Review general, administrative responsibilities
- The CAMELS rating – a key indicator of the well-being of the bank
- Risk management issues
- Regulator expectations of a strong compliance management program
- Board composition, board committees, and your individual responsibilities and liability
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Risk management chart indicating required components
- A “cheat sheet” listing compliance regulations
- Banking acronyms to assist with industry “language”
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new directors but is also an excellent refresher for experienced directors. Senior management will also find this information useful.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.