12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Financial institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. These enterprises seek to manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk – no more, no less – to effectively pursue their strategic goals. This is referred to as “optimal risk-taking.” This webinar will go through a step-by-step process to develop strong risk assessments for key areas of your institution. You will learn about developing an enterprise-wide process to conduct risk assessments in a practical, sustainable, and understandable way. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can immediately implement.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overall view of enterprise risk management (ERM) and key components
- Three key areas of ERM and how risk assessments fit in
- The risk assessment process
- Identifying and assessing risks – enterprise wide
- What is a risk assessment system (RAS) and how does it affect the CAMELS rating?
- Top eight risks and other important ones
- How to conduct an ERM risk assessment using a matrix – the core of risk assessments
- Various risk assessments based on areas of risk
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- ERM risk assessment template (Excel spreadsheet)
- IT risk assessment template (Excel spreadsheet)
- Internal controls risk assessment template (Excel spreadsheet)
- Detailed list of categories included in an IT risk assessment
- Categories included in an internal controls risk assessment
- Useful website links
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for risk managers, chief risk officers, compliance officers, chief operating officers, chief credit officers, internal auditors, and the entire risk management team.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.