There is continued emphasis by examiners that your bank maintains a strong risk management program. Their starting point is ascertaining whether the risk manager (or team or committee) understands his/her role and responsibilities. This session will cover regulatory expectations and how they relate to this important role. Risk assessments and board reporting processes will be the top priorities in this webinar.
Recorded Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- The risk manager’s responsibilities as they relate to the board
- Overall requirements for identification, measuring, controlling, and monitoring risk
- Risk assessment outline for each category of risk (e.g., credit, interest rate risk, liquidity, price, transaction, compliance, reputation, and strategic risk)
- Summary reports for each risk category to present to the board
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Samples of how to structure risk assessments
- Consumer deposit risk matrix
- Consumer lending risk matrix
- Fair lending risk matrix
- Summary risk assessment by department
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for risk managers, Risk Committee members, compliance officers, and auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.