Countdown to the New HMDA Rules Effective January 1, 2018
Thursday, October 5, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
On October 13, 2015, financial institutions were put on notice that significant changes would be made to the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). These changes modify the types of transactions covered and greatly expand the data collection process. This webinar will provide expert insight into the new rules and valuable tips for successful implementation. There are less than 60 business days from this presentation until the January 1, 2018, effective date. Will you be ready?
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Which loan applications will and will not be reportable?
- HELOC reporting will no longer be optional – loan types will now include lines of credit
- Unique standards for consumer-purpose transactions and another set of rules for commercial-purpose transactions
- HMDA reporting in 2018 will be a four-step process:
- Is there a purpose exclusion?
- Is the transaction secured by a dwelling?
- Is the transaction an extension of credit?
- Are there other exclusions that apply?
- Detailed information on completing the LAR (loan application register), which will be expanded to 48 data points – including 25 new fields
- Data collection of demographic information, including 15 new subcategories of "disaggregated" information for ethnicity and race
- How to report when an applicant or co-applicant chooses to self-identify under the new rules
- Changes to the submission process that include certain unique identifiers
- Highlights of the CFPB HMDA implementation tools and final rules (a proposal was made April 13, 2017, but not yet finalized as of August 1, 2017)
- Tips to identify transactions and minimize reporting errors, penalties, and data resubmission
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- HMDA key dates timeline and coverage charts
- HMDA fact sheet that summarizes key changes and "TIPS" for implementation
- Roadmap template to monitor implementation success
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
RELATED WEBINAR STILL AVAILABLE!
|"Revisiting Your HMDA Policies & Procedures to
Include Comprehensive Changes Effective January 1, 2018 "
Friday, August 25, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for lenders, loan assistants and processors, loan operations staff, compliance officers, fair lending officers, IT staff, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide bank webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on bank education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.