12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
In the last ten years, the number of bank charters in the US has decreased by nearly 3,000. Despite this drastic reduction, the industry continues to experience ongoing consolidation. The number of unsolicited offers and overall pricing have increased over the past few years and there will likely be continued focus on merger activity as community banks try to position themselves in the market. Whether remaining independent, acquiring or merging with another bank, or acquiring a branch, the board must actively plan for its role. Attend this webinar to learn about the necessary planning for remaining independent or merging. It will provide an overview of key substantive considerations in the transaction process and highlight the necessary due diligence of each party. Merger and acquisition regulatory, accounting, and taxation issues will also be covered.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Current merger and acquisition environment
- The role of mergers and acquisitions
- How to decide whether to buy another institution or branch
- Understanding the entire acquisition process, including due diligence
- Proper treatment of an unsolicited offer
- Evaluating the regulatory, accounting, and other implications of the transaction
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample bank due-diligence checklist
- Ten steps in an acquisition transaction
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for community bank directors and senior management.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.