12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Do you understand the available options for dealing with troubled commercial loans? Learn the alternatives, risks, landmines, potential liability – and how to move forward with all types of troublesome commercial loans.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Evaluate the alternatives – workout, forbearance, receivership, deed in lieu, marshalling of assets, repossession of personal property, foreclosure on real property, taking control of intangible collateral, and deficiency judgment
- Protect your institution from potential liability
- Determine when IRS forms 1099-A and 1099-C must be issued
- Define what constitutes a troubled debt restructuring for reporting purposes
Commercial loan problems continue to trouble financial institutions. There are several alternatives to consider when dealing with troubled loans, including a workout, forbearance, receivership, deed in lieu, marshalling of assets, repossession of personal property collateral, foreclosure on real property collateral, taking control of intangibles, and deficiency judgments. Each alternative has a certain amount of risk exposure and making a mistake could result in losses that far exceed the loan amount. This webinar will cover all aspects of each alternative and the related risks. Understanding the proper steps for each scenario will help you properly evaluate which option is the best for your institution. You’ll also learn what constitutes a troubled debt restructuring for reporting purposes.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan collection staff (real estate and non-real estate loans), including loan officers, workout officers, loan operations personnel, collectors, attorneys, auditors, compliance officers, and managers.
- Interagency Supervisory Guidance Addressing Certain Issues Related to Troubled Debt Restructurings
- FFIEC’s Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan Workouts
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.