12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Commercial loan collateral can include a combination of residential and non-residential property. How does that affect flood insurance? Is adequate coverage in place? What forms are required? How is coverage calculated? Now is the time to ensure your collateral and institution are protected.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify these potential problem areas:
- Contents coverage for commercial loans and when it is required
- Multi-family buildings and commercial loans
- Commercial condominiums coverage and limitations
- Force placement of flood insurance
- Disputing flood zone determinations
- Proof of coverage and coverage calculations
- Use the correct procedures to provide flood notices for each tripwire event
- Explain policy types and limitations
- Distinguish when the detached structure provisions for residential property may apply for a business, commercial, or agricultural loan
Flood insurance regulations have been around since 1996, yet examiners continue to cite numerous violations and impose civil money penalties. Compliance with these rules can present unique challenges with commercial lending. The collateral for commercial loans may include a combination of residential and non-residential property, along with commercial inventory. These scenarios can create potential compliance issues. Join us to learn the flood coverage rules, root causes for common violations, and how to avoid costly mistakes.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit commercial loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
- Matrix of 28 loan types, including required disclosures for consumer and commercial loans with flood insurance requirements
- Checklist for commercial loans
- Flood insurance resources and tools for compliance, including FEMA’s Summary of Coverage for Commercial Property
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Consumer Loan Flood Insurance Forms Line-by-Line"
Thursday, March 19, 2020
"Updated Flood Insurance Exam Procedures,
Including Recent Private Flood Insurance Rules"
Friday, December 6, 2019
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.