12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Trying to collect SBA loans can be tricky. The SBA has very specific collection rules that must be followed to protect your SBA guarantee. Do you know the proper steps to collect and liquidate 7(a) and 504 loans?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Follow the collection rules under the SBA 7(a) and 504 guaranteed loan programs
- Explore the SBA 7(a) lender matrix for servicing and liquidation actions
- Review the SBA 504 Third Party Lender Agreement
- Create an appropriate liquidation plan
- Properly document your loan file under SBA rules
It is imperative to protect the SBA guaranty – and the rules are strict. For example, your institution must notify the SBA within specific deadlines after taking certain collection actions, but you must obtain the SBA’s prior approval before taking other collection actions. In addition, you must document the business justification for your collection actions and retain the supporting documentation in the loan file so the SBA may later determine if your collection actions were commercially reasonable and complied with the SBA’s requirements. In addition, institutions are often required to submit a formal liquidation plan to the SBA. This webinar will explain the proper steps to collect and liquidate SBA 7(a) and 504 loans, the two most common SBA guaranteed loan programs.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for those involved with SBA loans, including loan officers, loan operations staff, collections personnel, compliance staff, attorneys, auditors, and managers.
- SBA’s Servicing and Liquidation Actions 7(a) Lender Matrix
- SBA’s Standard Operating Procedure 50 57 2 for 7(a) Loan Servicing and Liquidation
- SBA’s Third Party Lender Agreement for 504 Loans
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Collections & Right of Set Off in Commercial Lending"
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
"Introduction to SBA Lending"
Monday, July 15, 2019
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.