Internal fraud can cost financial institutions money and time that can’t be recovered. When the embezzler hasn’t been identified, human emotions run high! Investigations launched in panic with the wrong leaders may cause unexpected complications. This eye-opening presentation will explain what not to do. Staff who haven’t been trained on internal embezzlement may cause flawed investigations, harassment charges, and unsolved losses. This program will explain 15 errors that can result in a failed investigation. Knowing these errors will enable your institution to establish an action plan that will protect you when the unthinkable happens.
Recorded Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Steps to take before an internal embezzlement happens
- How to select the right person to conduct your internal fraud investigation
- When an outside expert should be retained
- How to develop an action plan to guide the investigation
- Basic management pitfalls that compromise an investigation
- Impact of these issues upon the financial institution
- Steps to avoid serious risk management problems
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Security tips for internal fraud
- Internal fraud risk management basics
- Incident report for staff
- Web resources
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for auditors, human resource professionals, risk management/security officers, senior management, and anyone combatting internal fraud.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.