Strategies for Remaining Independent: Alternatives to Selling
Community bank consolidation steadily continues across the nation. While some institutions are positioning themselves to sell or are proactively seeking out a target, some institutions simply wish to remain independent. This webinar will explore three primary means of remaining an independent community bank in a consolidating environment, including the necessity of returning to core profitability, ensuring your bank has the optimal organizational structure, and appropriately planning for independence. Not every institution wants a seat at the negotiation table. This practical webinar will ensure your institution is able to remain proactively independent in the midst of consolidation.
Recorded Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Importance of strategically planning for independence
- Understanding means of restoring core profitability
- Available organizational structures to maximize profitability
- Providing liquidity to shareholders without a sale
- Proper treatment of an unsolicited offer
- Avoiding common mistakes that threaten independence
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Article: Five Steps to Remaining Independent
- Clients and friends memorandum: Responding to Unsolicited Offers
- Clients and friends memorandum: Stock Repurchase Plans
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for community bank directors and senior management.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.