Monitoring Employee Work-Related & Personal Social Media: Should We? How? Is it Legal?
Social media offers a window into how employees conduct their business and personal lives. Should you gaze into that window to uncover what employees are doing at work and home? Monitoring is critical for organizations seeking to reduce legal, regulatory, and other risks. Monitoring is risky for employees who may lose their jobs if inappropriate content is discovered. Some bosses ask employees to turn over personal Facebook passwords, triggering a call for stricter online privacy laws. This webinar will address the challenges of balancing monitoring rights with privacy expectations. Should you monitor only your bank’s business accounts? Should you track public social media (Twitter & YouTube)? Should you read employees’ personal Facebook posts? Should you monitor social media activity on employees’ personal mobile devices, as well as bank-owned cell phones? Attend this webinar and learn how to handle social media monitoring lawfully, ethically, and compliantly.
Recorded Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- Reconciling employees’ privacy expectations with management’s monitoring rights
- How, why, and when to monitor social media: business, personal, and public accounts
- How, why, and when to monitor mobile devices: business and personal
- Monitoring to help minimize risks: legal liabilities, security breaches, regulatory disasters, etc.
- Monitoring to protect and manage electronic business records
- Federal and state laws governing privacy and monitoring
- NLRA guidelines governing monitoring and discipline
- Writing and implementing effective social media policy, complete with monitoring procedures
- Applying lawful disciplinary action when policy violations are found
- Training employees: gaining buy-in for social media monitoring
- Real-life social media disaster stories
- Put expert advice, best practices, and policy tips to work immediately
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample social media policy
- Tip sheet, Social Media Rules
- Should Companies Monitor Their Employees' Social Media? Monitoring advocate Nancy Flynn debates a leading privacy proponent in The Wall Street Journal
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for anyone who wants to ensure that the organization’s social media sites and employees’ personal social media accounts are being managed and maintained in compliance with the law, regulatory rules, and organizational policy. Human resource managers, compliance officers, lawyers, records managers, IT professionals, and others charged with managing and maintaining a civil and compliant work environment should attend.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide bank webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on bank education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.