Modifying Existing Product Terms & Fees: Timing, Content & Requirements for Change-in-Term Notices
The market for consumer financial products and services continues to evolve – requiring banks to regularly analyze and review existing products. If a bank is contemplating changes, it must formally amend the existing agreement and determine the proper way to notify customers to ensure regulatory compliance. To further complicate matters, the timing, content, and disclosure requirements are not consistent for Regulation DD, Regulation E, and Regulation Z.
This webinar will outline the requirements for providing compliant change-in-terms notices and explain when notices are not required. By having a comprehensive plan for modifying the terms of existing products, banks can comply with regulatory requirements and provide a clear, transparent message to customers.
Recorded Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Timing, content, and disclosure requirements for change-in-terms notices
- Formatting and delivery requirements for notices
- Restrictions and prohibitions on changing terms on certain products
- Special disclosure requirements for credit card accounts
- Requirement to reevaluate APR increases on credit cards
- Tips for handling situations unique to mergers
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Regulatory sections and details for change-in-terms notices
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for operations, compliance, and audit teams.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide bank webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on bank education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.