Managing a Residential Construction-to-Permanent Loan - Start to Finish
Friday, September 15, 2017
8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Construction lending has many facets and requirements, from safety and soundness guidelines to compliance considerations. This can make residential construction loans difficult and risky. Understanding the risks is essential, because many issues can arise during construction, leaving lenders highly exposed. This session will cover underwriting issues, compliance requirements, and special documentation needed for residential construction-to-permanent lending – from start to finish! Checklists and sample policy language will be provided.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Underwriting considerations (maturities, advances, LTV issues, appraisal guidelines, etc.)
- Construction contract/agreement with the borrower
- Compliance considerations for various scenarios, including single close/multiple close and single disclosures/multiple disclosures
- How to handle and document requests for advances, draws, and disbursements
- Regulatory compliance (flood, TRID, etc.)
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample policy language in the manual
- Construction loan checklists
- Sample loan estimate and closing disclosure completed for various scenarios
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior loan officers, loan officers, loan processors, compliance officers, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.