HR Danger Zones: Regulations, Requirements & Best Practices to Keep You Out of Trouble
Some organizations think anyone can take care of the human resource (HR) program. Others believe HR is a necessary evil, but only focus on the basics – thinking that is enough to stay out of trouble. HR is really all about risk management. HR staff must know the danger zones in employment laws and regulations and the potential consequences when they are not followed or administered properly. This session will cover state and federal regulations banks must follow and describe how to minimize risk. Outlines of training programs for supervisors will be provided. Join us to learn best practices for a proactive approach to HR compliance.
Recorded Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Federal employment laws
- State HR laws you are required to follow
- Supervisory training programs you should provide so supervisors avoid the danger zones
- Best practices to minimize the danger zones and minimize the risks
- Critical issues within each HR function where inconsistent application or administration can attract outside auditors or agencies
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Websites for additional information
- Sample forms – interview questions, BBI questions, reference checks, sample harassment policy, sample safe harbor policy
- Sample table of contents for a handbook
- Sample agendas for supervisory training programs
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for new HR administrators or HR staff who want a refresher course in risk management. It is also a good training tool for key supervisors who need to understand HR risks.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.