High-Risk Transaction Case Studies in Commercial Property Appraisals, Including HVCRE Considerations
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This webinar will provide a background on high-risk regulatory mandates and safety/soundness elements. You will learn about situations and transaction specifics that increase risk, and gain tips for creating a risk-based appraisal program. This program will focus on a series of appraisal review problems specific to high-risk transactions, as defined by the regulations. Join us to gain greater insight into bidding, engagement, and review issues that can arise with high-risk transactions.
Note: This is an intermediate-level program. Prior exposure to basic appraisal concepts, the general appraisal review process, and appraisal regulations will facilitate optimal understanding.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines definition of high-risk transactions (HRTs)
- Best practices for vetting your institution's transaction risk process
- Ideas for improving your institution's process for assessing and handling HRTs
- Non-transaction issues that enhance risk identified in the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines
- Regulatory impact of HVCRE transactions and the limited exemptions for ADC loans to escape this designation
- Tips for handling HRTs within the appraisal function
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Guide containing regulatory references, greater insights into Basel III HVCRE regulations, and more details on the case studies
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is suited to chief appraisers and appraisal managers; employees who bid and engage appraisers; commercial appraisal report reviewers; credit administration officers and chief credit officers; credit reviewers and other credit personnel; and CRE lending group managers.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide bank webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on bank education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.