12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Performance management starts with effective recruitment and thorough onboarding. Initial hiring and training practices have many long-term effects on performance. It is also imperative to have trained supervisors who are effective coaches and provide continuous feedback. Can you determine if and why some employees aren’t performing? Are those issues addressed through counseling or the disciplinary process? Do you conduct formal performance reviews? Most HR professionals agree that formal reviews are not necessarily effective.
This webinar will address hiring, onboarding, day-to-day feedback, and a more formal review program. Learn key concepts of an effective performance management program and the pros and cons of various models. Best practices, trends in performance management systems, and tips for improvement will be covered.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Essential steps and processes for an effective performance management system
- Recruitment and onboarding components that can positively impact performance management programs
- Key training tips to help supervisors understand their role
- Pros and cons of various performance review models
- Best practices and tips for improving systems
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Summary of legal/risk issues surrounding performance reviews
- Performance evaluation system checklist
- Checklist for conducting the review – how did you do?
- Poor performance versus misconduct matrix, including a PIP template
- Sample evaluation forms, including definitions
- Sample competency definitions
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Understanding Employee Leave Policies"
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar is designed to teach new human resource professionals about performance management basics. It will also be a good refresher for seasoned HR professionals interested in improving performance management programs and will provide new supervisors with an introduction to performance management concepts.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.