Attracting & Retaining Key Management
One of the largest risks facing community bank directors is grooming and retaining talent for future generations. The days of starting as a teller in a local community bank and working up through the ranks are mostly behind us. As the talent pool shrinks, community banks must be prepared to fight for and retain top talent. To remain successful, community banks should ensure they have the appropriate people to maintain operations, and sufficient training opportunities to ensure that those personnel are prepared to operate the bank profitably over the next 50 years.
This webinar will focus specifically on how community bank boards can ensure their bank attracts and keeps a quality management team. It will include various incentive alternatives, beneficial employment contract provisions, and available ownership opportunities to encourage management to work for the bank’s and shareholders’ best interests. It will also address how to appropriately plan for management succession and how compensation issues are related to effective succession planning.
Recorded Wednesday, July 6, 2016
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Directors’ and officers’ real jobs
- Finding the right compensation structure
- Understanding what you are incenting
- Long-term equity-based incentives
- Mid-term compensation incentives
- Short-term incentives
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Considerations for management succession planning
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Article on attracting and retaining
- Types of incentive compensation plans
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for community bank senior management and directors.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.