Community Reinvestment Act: Fundamentals, Documentation & Proposed Rule Changes
September 27, 2023
DateSep 27, 2023Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PDT09:00 AM MDT
10:00 AM CDT11:00 AM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
A strong CRA rating is important to your bank.
A poor rating can significantly impede the board and management’s strategic goals and adversely affect your reputation. The CRA changes that have been proposed will be reviewed and contrasted against current expectations so you can adequately prepare.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand current regulatory requirements and how proposed changes may impact your CRA program
- Identify technical requirements for banks of all sizes
- Develop effective CRA compliance strategies
- Conduct a thorough CRA self-assessment
- Communicate your CRA efforts to the board
The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) was enacted to encourage banks to “meet the credit needs of their local communities, including low- and moderate-income (LMI) neighborhoods, in a safe and sound manner.” Throughout the last three years, the regulatory agencies have worked on revising the CRA to strengthen its original intent while modernizing it to reflect current banking practices. Last year the Agencies issued a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM). While the regulators review the numerous comments from bankers and industry leaders before issuing a final ruling, banks are expected to continue to meet the current rule’s requirements.
This session will dive into the rule and provide best practices to prepare your CRA program to meet regulatory expectations. Whether you are a small, intermediate-small, or large bank, you’ll learn the current guidelines that apply to you and what is proposed for the future. Join us for this jam-packed session!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for CRA officers, compliance officers, lending officers, and internal auditors.
- CRA tracking log
- CRA action plan
- CRA self-checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services Inc
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC