Board Reporting Best Practices, Requirements, Delivery, Risk & More
StreamedDec 7, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
This invaluable session will explain the types of reports to include in board packages and how to recognize “red flags” in board reports.
It will address how the reports should be used to ensure directors are receiving the necessary details to stay informed of issues impacting your institution and make effective, risk-based decisions.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand directors’ responsibilities and examiners’ expectations of them
- Track that corporate documents, policies, and reports are appropriately reviewed by the board
- Review compliance exception reports
- Define BSA responsibilities for the board, including policy and risk assessment approval, training requirements, and review of audit/exam findings
- Explain key information from lending reports, including tracking concentrations, stress testing, and LTV standards
Ultimate responsibility for your institution’s risk-management program lies with your board of directors. Examiners will evaluate the overall effectiveness of management and the board by analyzing:
- Board and senior management oversight
- Policies, procedures, and limits
- Risk monitoring and management information systems
- Internal controls
To facilitate this review, examiners will look at reports and minutes from board and subcommittee meetings to confirm whether management is effectively communicating with the board and that the board has appropriate oversight over risk management, compliance, operations, and financials. Therefore, receiving clear, concise, complete information is critical to a board’s decision-making.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors, compliance officers, risk managers, senior management, board secretaries, and auditors.
- Sample risk assessments
- Sample policy review schedule
- Sample board reports
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I have listened to dozens of banking webinars, and this is the only one I've ever been a part of that actually covered the material it said it was going to instead of veering off into something tangentially related. I thought this was very, very good."
- Matt, Hershey State Bank
"This was probably one of the better webinars attended as the speaker kept focused on the material and not on presenting things that were not relevant."
- Karry, Hershey State Bank
"I really enjoyed Dawn's natural approach in communicating about this (can be rather dry) stuff. She literally had me laughing out loud at a couple of things she mentioned. I appreciated this webinar and have some good feedback to bring back to our leadership team and the board."
-Diane, High Plains Bank
Brode Consulting Services Inc
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC